Better than ihop.
- 4 - 5 slices of deliciously unhealthy fluffy white bread (like Sara Lee Artesano)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBS milk (coconut recommended)
- 2 TBS butter
- Maple Syrup (real pure maple syrup highly recommended)
- Whipped Cream
- Melt 1 TBS butter in pan over low medium heat.
- Whisk together: eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla.
- When pan is ready, coat 1 piece of bread on both sides with the egg mixture, and put it in the pan. Cook for a few minutes, then turn. Should be slightly browned.
- My pan is big enough to cook 2 slices at a time. Then I melt the other TBS butter, and cook the other 2 slices. Sometimes there's enough egg-mixture left for an extra slice.
- Serve on a plate, topped with maple syrup and whip cream.
. . . P.S. about normal breads ::: glOOten is very bad for u ::: "gums up the works" ..
Sweet and spicy with a citrus "tang" - I love the flavor of this sauce! Brings a feeling of summer to wintertime. Not that we don't already have plenty of summer in winter here in Tucson...
- 1/2 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed is always better, but bottled will do)
- 1 overflowing TBS soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (use less or eliminate if you don't like spicy)
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic minced, or 1/2 tsp garlic powder (highly optional)
- 1 tsp ginger minced, or 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp arrowroot or cornstarch or (or flour, but use a little more)
- stir together all ingredients in small saucepan. Heat on medium, stirring until thickened. Turn off heat - continue to stir until it stops bubbling.
Delicious over a bed of rice and stir fried veggies! <3
layered.. thick.. cheezy.. and semi healthy
these quesadillas are kind of like mini mexican style pizzas.
a) 2 Tortillas (that will fit into bottom of pan)
b) 4 tablespoons Shredded Cheese (I like Almond Cheese -Pepper Jack flavor)
c) 1 Tofurky Deli Slice (I like the Italian flavor)
d) 1/8 cup Greens (spinach, pea shoots, fresh herbs, whatever you like)
e) 2 tablespoons Salsa (fireroasted from Sprouts is yummy)
1) Oil: place a spoonful of oil in pan, warm it up on the lowest temp.
2) Tortilla: Place one tortilla in the pan.
3) Cheese: Add a layer of shredded cheese.
4) Tofurky: tear up a slice of tofurky and spread it out over the cheese.
5) Greens: Add a thin and spread out layer of greens.
5) Tortilla: Place 2nd tortilla on top, and allow to cook for a moment.
6) Flip it over, and cook it for a moment, make sure cheese is melted.
7) Salsa: Remove the quesadilla from pan, add a spoonful of salsa on top and spread it out.
8) Fold the whole quesadilla in half, and dig in! You could use a fork if you're dainty like that, or just start biting into it like I do!